How this came about
Look… this was not planned…. AT ALL… God had been dealing with me for a while about taking the first steps to actually date him. At one time I actually obeyed him and went somewhere to be alone and spend time with him… But see what happened was… I had a little boo on the side right ? And yeah lets just say me and Jesus dates wasn’t it after that.. But since that relation with that young man ended (notice how I didn’t throw shade ? Take notes. You know you’re getting over someone the right way when you aint gotta throw shade) anyways… since it ended God has been really pricking my little heart to start spending time with him.. I agreed to spending time with him but I was procrastinating. God would be like “Let’s go out” and I’ll be like “oooohhh…. Mhmm.. see .. Father God.. the way these bills set up ?” like I didn’t just drop a undisclosed amount on my hair and nails.
I was actually surprised
I was sitting in my living room and God told me to go to the movies at 7 … I wasn’t that excited about that at all.. if you read my blog title “He took me on a date : things to watch out for “ you would know why . As I began to research the movie he wanted me to see , which was the movie LEAP, I actually got kind of excited . It was a kids movie but hey I figured the Lord wanted to keep it holy.
He gave me a pep talk
Like I said before in my previous blog , I was a little insecure. I had just taken my weave out and was wearing my natural hair. Not only that but GOD actually chose my outfit ! It was cute but I just wasn’t used to looking how he wanted me to. Yet he still reminded me that I am beautiful. He told me to stop talking down on myself and when I say things like I don’t like my hair, or I’m ugly , or other mean things to myself that I am basically saying that about God because he created me. So to all the souls reading this… Don’t let the devil play with your mind about how you look… You’re beautiful and you’re made in his image.
Not only did he tell me how nice I looked the whole night but he also told me to grab my coat because he knows I get cold easily (and yaaallll he was right ! It was cold up in there!) Also , the movie he picked was so lit. He literally talked to me the whole movie (which was amazing becauseeeeeeeee I be talking to lol we was chattin it up)
I see why he wanted me to watch LEAP… It was bomb and lemme tell you why.
So…. You know everything God does is strategic and intentional. The God that we serve makes NO … I mean NOOOO mistakes (despite what our human minds tells us). Let me give you this tea on the movie LEAP and why God wanted me to watch it .. its about to get lit.
– So the background of this movie is about two orphans ( a boy and a girl) and they’re bestfriends. The girl dream is to be a ballet dancer and the boy wants to be a engineer. They basically runaway to Paris to chase their dreams after everyone told them nah they couldn’t do it (and I mean people was really hatin’ aye but they let they haters be they motivators)
– So when they got to their location something ended up happening and they got separated and she had to go the academy by herself ( IN OTHER WORDS EVERYONE CANT GO WITH YOU TO THE NEXT LEVEL… im about to preach *swerves around the usher & runs into the pulpit*)
– The instructor at the academy kept… I MEAN kept trying to get rid of this girl but he couldn’t because something just kept happening to the other dancers and she remained (in other words…see….. the devil tryna take some of yall out OOOHHHH BUT THE GOD THAT WE SERVE EEHHKOHBAHSEAHHH!! )
– She wasn’t the best at the academy but she somehow someway ended up with someone to instruct her so she could be the best (see… God will make provision for you ! if you trust him !!!! The favor of the Lord is on your life *Im about to shout…hold my wig* )
– She came across this boy at the academy and he was distracting her (watch out fo’ dem distractions)
– She was training with her ballet teacher and the teacher was wearing her out okayyyy?? And the girl wanted to stop and rest … but you know what the teacher said to her ? (get ready for a praise break) “Its when you’re tired that you start to progress” (I……FEEL……GOD) Another thing .. there was this super duper hard dance move that she wanted to try.. but her teacher dropped this on her she said “It’s a difference when you’re ready and ready to do it well” (*cues praise break* *breathes heavily into mic**inhales deeply**sweats profusely* *and says* “yall don’t like the way that I talk’)
– Get this now… this when the tea got good.. see that distraction ? popped back up and had her out late and she missed her moment. (see I can relate to this… what do you do when you feel like you missed what God had for you because of your own poor decisions?)
– “No matter what happens never give up, if you never leap you’ll never know what it means to fly” – maaaannn let me tell you about Jesus… do you know that after this girl got distracted and missed her moment.. That God still came through and gave her another chance ??? (im about to have church all by myself)
– At the end of the movie guess what ? she had to battle the enemy to achieve her destiny and she won..
God sent a message through a kids movie… and I was literally about to cry
See the reason why this movie was so on time and significant
Is because I know what it feels like to miss your moment because of your own decisions… I know what it feels like to look in the mirror and accept that you are in the situation you’re in because of the choices YOU made… Oh but I also know about God’s grace… I know that he’s married to the backslider..and I know the heavens rejoice over that one lost sheep… So the moral of my date night with Jesus story.. is that he told me to trust him and Leap… Don’t get it twisted …. We still went and got some food after though… he know I be hungry. We went to chipotle 😊
Price of everything :
Uber to movies and back : $13.75
Chipotle : $8.57
Movie tickets : $9.19
Total date cost : $31.69
Reference Scriptures : (NKJV)
“But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light” – 1 Peter 2:9
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope” – Jeremiah 29: 11
“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh , but according to his spirit” – Romans 8: 1
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son , that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life” – John 3:16